Hello! This group is currently looking for new admins! We have a few right now, but many of us live busy lives outside of DA. For example, I'm a full-time college student, I have a part-time job, and I also create art outside of all of that! Sometimes it gets hard to try to check the photos every day and accept/decline them.
To be an admin, I ask that:
- You know a lot about photography. If you take photos yourself, your gallery should reflect your knowledge. You do not have to be the most amazing photographer ever, but you should take quality photos.
- You read up on our rules and understand our acceptance standards and procedures. I do not want to see admins accepting photos that go against our standards. They are high and I intend for them to stay that way.
- You are able to give meaningful critique to the people that ask.
- You are polite and thoughtful to others' feelings.
So what would you get out of it?
- Immediate acceptance of your submitted work into the group. It does not have to go through the voting process if you are an admin.
- Being a part of a tight-knit group of fellow photographers who take their hobby seriously!
- Ability to discuss the group. From problems, to things that will make us better, to activities that will go on within the group.
And that's about it! As a disclaimer, when you message me or the group asking about the admin position, I may quiz you on a few things. But I mean well! I just want to make sure the people I accept are good fits for the group.
If you are interesting in joining us, please either send a note to me or the group. I will get back to you as soon as I can!